Thursday, 24 March 2011

That's another story..

Yesterday I had my cast removed. The best thing about that was being able to wash my hands properly for the first time in three weeks, ahhhh, heaven. The funniest thing was finding glitter on my palm! Now, as a crafter I'm used to being covered in glitter, but I've not been able to craft so how did that get there.?

Well, that's another story...

A couple of weeks ago my beautiful daughters were asked to model for some promotional photos for our hairdresser. They loved it. I had a wonderful afternoon watching them have their hair and make up done. They seem so natural in front of the camera, not at all self-conscious. I'm not sure how impressed their father was with the finished product, but I thought they looked amazing. Anyway, the point of the story is the amount of glitter they were covered in. It was everywhere - including inside my plaster cast! I'm still not sure how it got there but as all crafters know, glitter does get everywhere!




So, the cast has gone and I had expected to have been back at work today. However, the doc says there's still lots of healing to do and I have to have another week off work. I don't mind, in fact I love being at home. I don't do boredom, so that's not an issue and even though I can't use my hand much, I can still find things to do. One of the things I've been doing is watching the craft programmes on the TV. I know the object of the programmes is to sell the products they show, but I've loved seeing the demonstrations. That has been frustrating in a way as I can't craft, but I did manage to make one of the cards they showed.

Card of the Day
This is the card I made. I'm very pleased with it as I made it completely with my left hand! I would have like to have put a butterfly on it as the lady on the TV did, but I couldn't cut one out so I had to use a flower instead. It's made from a kit that was included in a magazine I bought so I didn't have to do any cutting. I'm very pleased with the card and it will be my Mother-in-law's Mother's Day card.

No comments: