Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Shoe laces without thumbs.

There's an advert on TV at the moment, I can't remember what it advertises, but it's about what cats would get up to if they had thumbs! No idea what it advertises, but it makes me giggle when I see it. I know how they feel at the moment as I am without the use of a thumb. However, I managed to tie my shoe laces today without they help of my right thumb. It's surprising how you quickly learn how to use other fingers.

I love this card, it's very apt in my life at the moment. I can imagine my chickens all roosting in the evening, getting their knitting out and discussing the events of the day. It also reminds me of my two beautiful girls who have both taken up knitting. It's the funniest sight watching my eighteen and twenty year olds surrounded by wool and needles. The difference nowadays is that they don't buy patterns! They go on the Internet and find patterns - seems odd to me, but that's the way of the world now. My youngest even found instructions on how to knit (or was its crochet?) a coral reef and on the radio the other day they were saying it's possible to get instructions on knitting the royal wedding. My goodness, whatever next!

Sorry the card looks a little squint, it's not in real live, honest.



No comments: