Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Insomnia

So, here I am at 2.35am. Unable to sleep - again. I know what the problem is, I'm not doing much at the moment so I'm not getting tired. But I am tired, I just can't sleep. How does that work? Well, at least I'm making the most of my insomnia by bringing my blog up to date.

I made a card today, the first I've made for about a month. It's a Mother's Day card for my mother-in-law. Unfortunately, I'm not able to use my camera at the moment due to my dicky thumb so I can't show you it yet. I'm very pleased with it, I saw a demonstration on a craft show and thought "I can do that", and I did. I couldn't cut out butterflies (due to my dicky thumb!) so I improvised and used a flower instead.

I will miss the craft shows when I go back to work, most of them are on TV in the mornings and I work in the mornings. Oh well, I'm sure I'll manage. I'm hoping (I think) to go back to work on Thursday after having this plaster off on Wenesday. It will be strange going back again. A couple of years ago I had ot do jury service and had a couple of weeks off when everyone else was in school and I never really got into the term. I suppose there will only be two or three weeks until the Easter holidays so it won't be too bad.

The weather is starting to become very spring-like. It's lovely to see some sun at last, it seems to have been a very long winter. The daffodils in my garden are looking lovely and I noticed that the lilac is starting to shoot again. I was happy to see that my Clematis Elizabeth is starting to shoot again after I cut her back quite severely last year. The weight of the plant had pulled some wires off the wall so I had to be drastic to stop the wires being damaged. I don't expect any flowers this year and the flowers grow on the previous years shoots. Oh well, something to look forward to next year. She grows outside my front door and has the most wonderful scent.

Card Of The Day
I made this card a while ago. The image is the lovely Elizabeth. I used two images and used a weaving technique to make the card. I really like it, I like the weaving and I love the bloom. I'm not sure if this picture shows the weaving very well.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping too well. Isn't it lovely to see the sun shining at long last? Maybe Spring is eventually here, lovely flower picture :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Jay how grim for you - it of course means that when you do get back to work, you'll be exhausted! I can see the weaving on the Elizabeth picture...and it's amazing! So glad you're able to do a bit of stuff here and there, you've been very patient!