Sunday, 10 January 2010

Happy New Year

Sorry my greetings are a bit late. I can't believe we're already ten days into 2010.

Here's my layout for January, I hope you can see it. Thank you Julia (http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/) for this LO, I love it. You may remember that I did a Magnetic Calendar In A Day workshop with Julia and Ally, the 2 Scrap Ladies (http://2scrapladies.blogspot.com/) and this is the first month obviously - doh! I did make a Christmas countdown layout which I used on my Christmas blog (http://jayschristmasjournal.blogspot.com/) so I was able to use the frame for that, but this is the first month of the workshop layouts.


Well, I missed WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, again you can see it over on Julia's blog) last week, I had no excuse really as school was closed due to the snow so I spent the day at home. This was the view from my bedroom window on Wednesday, so not quite WOYW, but WOOMBW (go on Julia, work it out, Heehee).

It was lovely having an unexpected day off as I had loads to do in the house. I had visitors for Christmas then went to Ireland for New Year so the house was a mess, especially my craft room. It had been used as a bit of a dumping ground when the house was full of guests, so I'm having to do a big clean up. Not only that, but we're buying a new sofa (sometime soon!!!!!) and the futon sofa bed has to go back in my craft room.

I will tell you the tale of the sofa, if you know this already please feel free to skip to the end :-). We bought our three piece suite seventeen years ago and it's been really hard wearing when the children were young and has lasted us well. Until about four years ago when the springs in the sofa started to give. At first it wasn't too bad, but it gradually got worse until it was really difficult to get up ones you got into the dip that had been a comfy sofa. After a couple of years I couldn't stand it anymore so I decided the sofa would go and we would use the futon until we bought a replacement. I thought that it would be so uncomfortable that it would spur us into action, but no! Anyway darling husband and I decided that our Christmas present this year would be a new sofa, so things seem to be moving. Before we used the futon as a sofa it was in my craft room and visitors (or DH and I) would bed down in there whenever we had a houseful of guests. Well, as any crafter knows, My crafting goodies have taken over the space previously occupied by the futon - and more! I'm now going to have to rearrange and scale down so that the futon can go back in.

Well, that's my job for today, so I'd better go and get dressed and get on. So dear reader, until next time, take care and stay safe in the snow.

No comments: