Wednesday, 18 November 2009

WOYWW

Wednesday again, are we there already?

As you can see, not a lot of crafting has been going on this week. On my desk is a pile of prompts from Shimelle' Blogging For Scrapbookers course. It's almost finished now, the next thing will be Journal Your Christmas, but more of that later. I've also got some sheets on the desk from the Makaton course I've been doing for the last couple of days, and yes, I did get the certificate. There are also (should that be are or is?) some minutes for a meeting I have to go to next week. I'd better put them somewhere safe before they got lost under the debris.

Today Shimelle asked us to look back on blog posts from previous years to see what we were doing and if much has changed.
I hadn't been blogging long in November last year so I couldn't go any further back than one year. Last year I was doing yet another (in fact two) of Shimelle's courses. I did the Scrap your Day journal which entailed taking photos on the 25th of each month for a year. Surprise, surprise, my album is still not finished. It looks as though we started in April and I made it through to November! I then started the Journal Your Christmas journal. Guess what, I didn't finish that either. I see a theme here!
Because I was doing SYD journal I'm lucky enough to be able to find some photos to add here. Well, the photos taken on 25th November don't look much different from any photos I would take today. I'm still old and wrinkly, I'm still overweight, heehee I'm even still wearing the same cardigan and coat. The car has changed, twice. I'm still working in the same classroom as I was last year, but I don't spend as much time on the computer. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.



It was clearly colder last year than it is this, here I am taking my hot water bed. I don't think I'll be doing that tonight. It's chilly, but not cold enough for a hot water bottle.

And look at my garden! We haven't had frost like this this year yet. Other than the frost, the garden looks the same. I have some new chicken up in the orchard though. (I laughingly call the top of the garden my orchard - well, I have got four fruit trees)

I've enjoyed comparing last November to this. I wonder if I can remember to do this more often.

So, the next thing, as I mentioned earlier is my Journal Your Christmas album. I'm not sure if to just do it on here rather than make another mini album. My shelf of albums is full and I suppose this is the way to go isn't it? The only thing is I won't be able to add scrapbook pages, unless I learn how to do digital!!!!!

So, dear reader, enough for today. You must be bored to tears by now, heehee.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Its amazing when you look back a year - you are right it is defintely not so cold this November, yet I had forgot the frosts of last year until I read your blog!! I much prefer the milder weather :)

I hope you enjoy Shimelles JYC class :)

Fiona said...

It is good fun to look back, definately not as good as last November.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well done on the Certificate, and OMG..get that paperwork in a file for later! I didn't realise how different the weather has been, andyou - you change your car everytime it needs washing! Fascinating stuff, not boring at all actually!

Jools said...

Really enjoyed reading your look back in time post and guess what? This time last year I was also getting ready to do Shim's JYC class :D

humel said...

I love the idea of looking back :-) I haven't been blogging long enough to do it that way, so I need to find some old photos instead.

I also love looking forward! I'll be seeing you in JYC this year :-)

Carmen said...

Please excuse my lateness, I'm still busy catching up on desks before this wednesday looms :D

Great idea to look back. My uncle has kept a kind of weather journal ever since I can remember. It's probably the groundskeeper in him but it makes fascinating reading going back over the years. You can definitely see how the seasons have changed from what they used to be.