Sunday, 8 November 2009

Odd socks and new blogs

Where do all the socks go? All washed, dried and ready to go back upstairs to their owners, but as you see most of the socks don't have friends. Three of the four pairs that have friends belong to me and none of the odd socks belong to me so my socks are friendly!
My Big Girl used to wear odd socks and it used to drive my OCD crazy. I had to hold on to all the socks until their friends came through the wash and I could pair them up. Big Girl went to uni a year ago and now Little Girl has started sending odd socks through the system. I think it's more that the friends get separated in the mayhem that is LGs room rather than her wearing odd socks, but it's starting to drive me mad again.

Anyway, what do you think of the new blog? I've been playing today and found some lovely backgrounds on this site http://www.backgroundfairy.com/. I tried another site, but it wasn't as straight forward as The Background Fairy.
I wanted to practice without changing my blog until I was happy so I hit on the idea of starting a new blog that I could practice on. It meant I could add and delete as much as I wanted without losing anything.
The only problem I have now is that my title is not in the centre of the header and I can't work out how to move it. I'm sure someone on the Blogging for Scrapbookers forum will have a solution.
So dear reader, that's all for today. See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I've got the same dilemma with my header! You are right - someone will know how to fix it on the forum. I really like your blog btw!!Heather xx
heathers-scraps.blogspot.com/

Jocelyn said...

ahh the old odd sock problem. It happens in my house too, some of them never seem to match up no matter how long I wait lol.

The blog is looking pretty good, well done.

Joanne said...

love the pretty background.

PaperTurtle said...

What a great blog you have here, Jay. I found you through Shimelle's class. :o) Thanks for the tip on Backgroundfairy. I'll have to check it out. My blog is more plain now than it had been before I started this class because I've been messing around with templates and haven't taken the time to perfect the layout. Soon!!!

Enjoy the Ride said...

My little girl wears odd (non) matched socks. It drives me nuts!! Great post!

Tammy said...

It is a known factr that the dryer eats socks. When my kids were younger I used to wonder but then we found out about the dryer eating them. Sad but true.

MandyKay said...

I am with you on the sock topic. My DD wears bright socks from Little Miss Matched. I just send them back to the room in a heap.

Julia Dunnit said...

Mine wear them odd too, drives me nuts..specially when one of them is silly enough to moan that thye don't have any..because of the huge pile of singles in the airing cupboard!
Oh, sorry - you set me off!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

About the odd socks - have you heard of Little Mismatched? They sell socks in sets of 3 and they all coordinate. That way you never really have matching socks. Maybe it wouldn't be right for you? I think the background is really pretty.

sharyncarlson said...

I'm with you on the socks! Love the background of your blog!