Sunday, 22 November 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Well almost. I spent the afternoon in my craft room. It wasn't terribly relaxing as I was making an advent box for my niece. You can see it here http://jayschristmasjournal.blogspot.com/. Last year I made about ten of these boxes, all made with 24 match boxes, so a bit of maths, ten boxes made from 24 matchboxes each containing at least 50 matches, what's that then? About 12,000 matches! On top of that I made the advent boxes with my after school craft club, so that was another ten, making about 24,000 matches. How to dispose of the matches was interesting. I didn't want to just put them in the bin in case they went on fire. Someone suggested cutting all the ends off and giving them to someone to make models from, I'd still be there cutting I think. In the end I put them on the compost, I was worried if they ignited they would set fire to the shed, but a friend told me that a little moisture would stop them going on fire. I waited for a wet day and tipped them all in. It seemed to work, the shed is still there and when I turned out the compost later in the year they had all disappeared so I suppose that was probably the best solution.
So, dear reader, that was my Sunday. Back to work tomorrow, however my big girl is coming home for the night so I'm looking forward to that. I think I can count of one hand the amount of nights she's spent at home since she went to uni and I don't like it. I miss her so much.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Good girl...lots of focus is what you got and I need it too! Hope you've had a fun sleepover with your gals.