Monday, 2 November 2009

Day one of Blogging for Scrapbookers

So, here we go with day one of Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers course. http://www.shimelle.com/
As I was at work today I couldn't get the prompts until this evening. I'm completely confused by the first part of the course where we are supposed to learn how to use Google Reader and tabs. I didn't realise Google Reader was already on my computer and lots of info was already there. For instance, all the blogs I follow are there. I've no idea how that has happened. I think I understand about the tabs thing, so that's one good thing. I know I'm almost computer illiterate, but this is ridiculous, the first day and I'm already confused.

Prompt 1
To post a photo and post about our intentions for the next three weeks, what we would like to achieve and why.

The picture I took today was of the prompts I printed off for today.
So, why did I decide to do this course. I'm not really sure, but I hope I can learn something. I've done a couple of Shimelle's courses in the past and I've enjoyed them, but I've never done anything like this before. As I said, I'm not very computer literate, so I'm hoping to learn a bit of the technical side of blogging. In fact it hasn't gone too well so far. When I started this blog it was supposed to be updated daily, hence the name. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at that and sometimes go ages without writing anything. I'd like to use my blog as a diary of sorts, but also as a place to display some of my scrapbook pages. I'm hoping Shimelle's prompts will give me a push in the right direction.

So, I think that's all for today. See you tomorrow dear reader.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Hi from a classmate! Found you through the forum - we seem to have similar aims for this course - good luck!

helena said...

shared your frustration with google reader - but now I have it working it is great. And remember its not you, its the technology not being clear and user friendly.

love the photo in the heading of your blog, helena

Debbie said...

Google reader is a fab tool once you get to grips with it!! Good luck with the class - I am joining you.

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog header also. Now that it's getting colder it brightened my day.

I've been using Google Reader for about six months but never knew about the Next button. It helps a lot.

This is my first class with Shimelle and I'm enjoying it.

ScrappingMomof3 said...

it'll get easier as you use it more! I enjoy blogging and connecting with other people across the world with this technology, but it's not easy at first! Good luck in getting it to all work for you! I'm sure with Shimelle's help, you'll be a pro in no time.

Jinnag said...

Hi from another classmate. I didn't know about reader either - but I know that Shim's classes mean its easy to take one step at a time. Love your blog header - just believe in yourself with the techie stuff - you'll be just fine.

scrappyjacky said...

Google reader was already on mine as well....probably cause I'm signed up to Blogger through Google....now I know it exists....might try to actually utilise it.

Sharyn said...

Welcome to class! I hope you enjoy it :) -Sharyn

kikimama said...

Hiya, Chrissy here from Shimelle's class. Love that photo in your header!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Google reader can be a bit of pain to set up sometimes but once you get it done it makes reading super easy

Julia Dunnit said...

You what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't signed up as you know. Am watching with interest.And jealousy!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Love your heading photo! I haven't figured out how to put a photo in my heading, so you're one up on me! I'm also in Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class.

Tammy said...

I'm pretty good with software and I didn't understand a few things about Google Reader so don't get discouraged. I'm making more sense of it everyday. I'm sorry about the death of your friend.