Thursday, 5 November 2009

Day 4 - Blogging For Scrapbookers

Today's prompt was to blog about something mundane, everyday, uninteresting (to me). I thought of talking about my hatred of coat hangers, or my annoyance at people who park too close to, or even on the line in the supermarket car park, but I thought we might get a prompt about things that irritate us sometime during this course of prompts, so I'll leave that for now.
I thought I'd tell you about my love of slippers. I mentioned them yesterday in my favourites list, but I'll tell you a bit more about them today.
This photo shows only a few of my slippers, I have at least double this amount - no - more even. I've lost count really. I did think about going upstairs and digging them all out to take a more up to date photo but Mr D is in bed and he would think I'd gone loopy if I started getting them all out. Mr D doesn't understand my obsession with slippers, he's got one pair that he's had since Noah was a lad.
I've always worn slippers, ever since I can remember. Some people never wear them, Mr D's parents don't, odd I think! I like my feet to be cosy and warm, I hate cold feet. If my feet are cold then I can't get warm. As soon as I come into the house I change into my slippers, it's not because I don't want outdoor shoes in the house, I know some people who won't let you in with your shoes on. No, I'm not precious about those sorts of things.
I buy slippers all the time and from all sorts of places, even the supermarket sells slippers now and I always go and stroke them before buying the groceries - oh my goodness, do you know, I didn't even realise I did that until I just wrote it down! I even bought some special Christmas slippers last year, I'll have to get them out again soon as they were put away after New Year.
A while ago we had a crazy footwear day at school and I wore my slippers. Heehee, how fantastic that day was. I went around with a smile on my face the whole day.
Well, dear reader. Maybe you understand a little bit more about me today than you did yesterday, maybe you think I'm a little odder than you did yesterday. I've enjoyed telling you about my wonderful slipper friends, now I'm going up to get ready for bed. I will be putting on one of my cosy pairs of bed socks, but that's another story.

6 comments:

Kathy M said...

Ok, I don't have a slipper fettish, but I do have a pair of ugg scuff slippers that I LOVE. I like that they have a thick sole, so you can walk outside to get the paper and they don't get ruined.

Sian said...

It's Ugg boots for me too! I enjoed reading your post today and I'm glad I stopped by

scrappyjacky said...

I love warm snuggly slippers as well....but 2 pairs are enough for me.

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't understand any more about you - but I ain't scared of your slipper thing - it's a good thing!!

Totally Rawkin Designs said...

I am not into slippers but I love how you slipped that you stroke slippers in the supermarket!Cute!

Carole said...

There are worse things to have a 'thing' about than slippers.

Now most footwear I can take or leave but Crocs are a different story. I'm currently up to seven pairs...

...and counting LOL