Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Day 3 - Blogging for Scrapbookers

Lists! I'm not really one for lists. I make lists, but then I loose them. I always have a shopping list on the go, but I normally get to the supermarket to find the shopping list has been left at home. Ah well!
Today's prompt is to list five favourites:
1. It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that my number one favourite would have to be my slippers. I love them, they are so cosy and warm and friendly. I hate having bare feet, I think it's probably because I hate standing on "bits", maybe I just need to vacuum more often!
2. Books - I used to read loads, but when I had my children I found I couldn't settle to reading a book. I could read easy things like magazines, but I couldn't concentrate enough to read a proper book. I've only recently started reading again but I only read autobiographies. My favourite, without a doubt was John Barrowman's book "Anything Goes". Reading it was like having him tell me his story.
3. Flowers - This is a difficult one as I like every flower in my garden when it is at its best. At the moment my favourite is my Mahonia which is just coming into bloom and looks lovely against the backdrop of the lovely red stems of the dogwood. In January when the snowdrops start to brave the weather, they are my favourites, shortly followed a few weeks later by the gorgeous yellow blooms of my daffodils. For three weeks in May my lilac is my favourite, it's fragrance fills the whole garden and makes up for the other 49 weeks when it is fairly bland. Following this, the aquilligia are just amazing, their delicate flowers bobbing about in the breeze never fail to put a smile on my face. For weeks the rudbeccia are just beautiful and stand out so proudly. This year I threw some California Poppy seeds on the garden, the flowers were lovely but didn't last very long - except one plant. It hangs over the terrace and has bloomed for weeks and weeks. I'm sure it won't last much longer as the weather gets wetter and colder, but for the time being it reminds me daily of my much missed family who live in California .
4. It's got to be chocolate! Well, I suppose it would be on most people's list. Cadbury's Dairy Milk is my favourite, but I would eat any chocolate! A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I thought I wouldn't be able to eat chocolate anymore. Of course that wasn't the case, but I think I enjoy chocolate more now than before.
5. My favourite comedian, this has to be Billy Connolly. He makes me laugh out loud even if I'm watching him on television on my own. I've laughed at him for probably forty years now and never get tired of him.
So, dear reader. There is my list of "five" favourites. I suppose I cheated with #3, can I get away with that! :-)

4 comments:

helena said...

oh yes I agree with all of them. Have you done a layout about your slippers? I did one about mine when I did Design for Life with Cathy Z last year !

Kim said...

I love your list! Slippers are awesome, I have to take a photo of my new slippers, they are the bomb!!!

Gennifer said...

This is a GREAT list! :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Apart from Billy Connolkly, I thnk I couldhave guessed this list for you, but that's because I'm privileged enough to know you quite well. As for Mr Connolly - me too.