Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Day 2 - Blogging for Scarapbookers

I'm just home from work and found that the prompt for today is perfect for my post.

Someone I know died yesterday. I hadn't known her very long and I wouldn't say I knew her very well, but the nature of our acquaintance meant that I felt quite close to her. It was such a shock, one minute I saw her sitting on the wall, smiling as she always did and within a couple of hours she had died. It was a very sad day today and I imagine the next few weeks could prove even sadder as she had young children. I will miss her as will everyone who knew her. She was very well liked.


The photo is one I took last Autumn at school, isn't it lovely? On days like this I need something to make me smile and see the beauty in the world.

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

So sorry for your sadness today...it is amazing how a photo can bring us some cheer.

Sharyn said...

I am sorry for your sadness!

Elizabeth said...

I think your friend was fortunate to have your sadness. She meant something to you. I hope you remember her with a smile soon.

Mary said...

Oh what a sad day for you but what a great journal entry you have made today.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ghastly news Jay, what a terrible shock. Beautiful photo, somehow very fitting.

Cindy Jones said...

I am sorry your friend passed away and shared your sorrow with your readers.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that your friend passed away. Thank you for sharing the news and the beautiful photo.