Sunday, 15 November 2009

Cybercrop failure

This weekend was cybercrop weekend on UKScrappers, I was really excited and signed up for it as soon as it was announced. However, it was not to be.

A couple of weeks ago my in-laws came to visit and my father-in-law asked if they could come for the weekend of, yes you've guessed, the 13th, 14th, 15th November!! AARRGGHH! He said mother-in-law and I could "do something nice together". Now I love my in-laws dearly, they're the best, but not on cybercrop weekend. I couldn't refuse them and I thought it would be nice for mother-in-law and I to go out somewhere. They arrived at about the time the cybercrop started, so crafting on Friday was evening was out.

Yesterday it was decided we'd go into town, the weather was awful! It was pouring with rain and blowing a gail, lovely day to visit a town with no indoor mall. Lunch was lovely, and we were able to meet up with Little Girl and her boyfriend, but then we were to hit the shops. Mother and father-in-law decided they wanted to go off in their own separate ways, apparently they always do this, so that left me wandering round on my own for two hours. Why wasn't I at home crafting! AARRGGHH! I discovered there was a Christmas craft fair on so I spent about half an hour slowly walking round there, it wasn't very big! So that was Saturday out too.

I did manage to do one layout for the cybercrop after they left today. It's the one at the top of this post. The class was called Time To Go Home and it was, as you can see, a countdown to Christmas. You may remember dear reader that a couple of weeks ago I did a calendar workshop run by Julia and Ally at http://www.2scrapladies.blogspot.com/. Scrap Lady Ally had made a lay out for December to countdown to Christmas. As I only had time to do one layout from the cybercrop before the deadline, this one seemed perfect and it would finish off my calendar. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and I used a prize I won at the workshop to make it, so -perfect.

I also did a couple more layouts this evening, they're of my little niece who lives in Los Angeles. I miss her so it was lovely to work with these photos.


Now I need to go over to Shimelle's place to catch up on the Blogging For Scrapbookers course. I'm days behind now.

See you later, dear reader.

10 comments:

Cat said...

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you as planned with the UKS cybercrop - I love the layouts you've shown though!
And don't worry about being behind with BFS - i'm sure i've only followed one prompt properly but i'm still learning loads and having so much fun!!

Melissa said...

Bad luck about missing out on the cybercrop, glad you got to do a little bit of scrapping anyway.

Debbie said...

Oh how frustrating!! Maybe catch up on the challenges another day? I didn;t get any done either.

Kim said...

sorry to hear you could participate in the cybercrop.

Liberty :) said...

they are lovely layouts. great idea for the countdown, gonna have to do that!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very nice layouts! I've missed National Scrabooking Day festivities 3 years running because of family plans so I feel you rpain

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely layouts....and what a typical thing to happen at the weekend!!

RNBsmom said...

Nice that you got some scrapbooking done! I thought I was going to get a lot more done this past weekend myself. Great layout, by the way!

Sian said...

Aw, shame about the cybercrop..maybe next time!

Emily said...

How is it life seems to get in the way of scrapping? great LO's