Monday, 30 November 2009

17 again Blog train

Over on Shimelle.com a whole bunch of us have been following a blog workshop. As this is now finished some of us are doing a Blog Train. 17 (actually 19) of us are going back in time to when we were 17 - an awful long time for some of us, well me anyway. If you enjoy reading about my 17th year, click on the link at the bottom which will take you to Kate's blog. She will then link you to the nest person on the train and so on, you can follow us all if you like. So, dear reader onto 1970, enjoy.....


QUESTIONS: What was happening in my life age 17

My hair colour is.... Mousy brown
My hair style is.... Long, straight with a centre parting
My favourite brand of makeup is.... Don't wear any
My "fashionable" item is...... My flowery dress usually worn with a band around my head
My favourite outfit is..... Anything with flowers - Flower Power man!
My favourite colour is..... Brown
I drive a..... My mum's car when she lets me
On a Saturday I go.... Into town and drink hot chocolate in Wimpy Bar
On a Saturday night I go..... No where in particular
On a Sunday I go..... I stay in bed
Monday-Friday I go..... Work - as a cadet nurse at St Georges Hospital in Lincoln
My best friend(s) is/are..... Rosemary, Gillian (or Illianga Ickerpa as she was known)
My favourite place to go out is...... Cinema, pub
My favourite subject at school is..... You've gotta be joking. I hated school and left at 16 as soon as they let me
When I grow up I want to be...... A nurse
My favourite drink is..... Wimpy's hot chocolate
My favourite food is..... Kali and spanish (rainbow crystals and liquorice)
My favourite shop is...... I don't have one
I want to marry.... Roy Scott, we are engaged - hells bells!
My favourite actor/actress is.... I don't have one
My favourite band is.... The Kinks
My favourite TV programme is.... Don't watch much TV, I suppose Top of the Pops if any
The one thing I want to do but can't is..... I'm 17, I can do anything I want
My most used mode of transport is a.... Car/train
If I had all the money in the world I would.... I've no idea
I wish I could visit.... Egypt
My favourite sport is...... Sport! What's that? I'm 17
This fall I ....... turn 18
At Halloween I dressed up as ..... England doesn't do Halloween
I recently saw ...(movie) and thought it was ........ I haven't seen a film in ages
I am reading ..... Haahaa, I gave up reading when I gave up school
The big newspaper story this year is…. John Lennon marries Yoko Ono and The Beatles split
The most dangerous thing I've ever done.... I went on the back of a boyfriends scooter, scarey
The furthest away from home I've ever been is...... Bournemouth
So, off you go now to 2001 where you will meet Kate, here.

14 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Lovely post! Great layout too!

scrappyjacky said...

Wow...this really takes me back...as I was 17 that year as well....and I really liked The Kinks.

Gennifer said...

Flower Power? So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Nadine said...

great post and layout! (:

humel said...

Brilliant - so interesting, thanks for sharing :-) Great layout too xx

Sian said...

Fab LO! I loved The Kinks too. This has been a fascinating ride..thanks for letting us in on your flower power secrets today.

Jools said...

Great post and layout. Thanks for sharing.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh me oh my..that could be your baby gal peeking out from behind the youngster in that photo!
Great LO!

Becky said...

Loved reading about you at 17 and loved your layout too :)

rockchickhelen said...

Lovely post and layout :)

Sara said...

Lovely layout and enjoyed reading your post!

Beverly said...

LOved that at 17 you thought you could do anything, funny that you seemed to have detested school but now spend your days working with young students, who'd a thunk ;)

debs14 said...

Engaged at 17!!! Oh my goodness!
Really interesting post, thanks for sharing.

ceruleanblue said...

Great post and LO, love the photo you used :)