Friday, 30 October 2009

Photos, hopefully!

I tried to put these pictures on here yesterday but I was having computer trouble. Here I go again!
Here are some cards I made using my stamps, copic pens and some techniques I learned from my friends Julia (http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/) and Ally (http://serendipitypapercuts.blogspot.com/), they are both brilliant crafters.





These cards were made using images from WWW.digistampboutique.co.uk.







Today is my birthday and I'm all alone! "Awe", I here you cry. It would have been nice to have had some company but my inlaws are calling by later to take my out to dinner so that will be nice. Both daughters are off doing their own thing, you know what teenagers are like! My eldest is coming over on Sunday to have lunch with us, she's at uni in Bristol so I don't see her as much as I'd like. Goodness knows when I'll see my youngest. She stayed at a friends last night, going to a party tonight, staying at her boyfriends tomorrow, so I may see her briefly on Sunday when she comes home to get changed for work.
My darling husband gave me a leaf blower/hoover for my birthday so I've been out and cleared the leaves. I'm not sure it's any easier than using the leaf rake, but it shreds them down so I can put them straight on the compost. He said he's got me something else but it was too big to hide in the house so he's going to give it to me later (hmmm!), no idea what that might be, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out - if you're interested.
I went to my local craft shop today where I managed to spend *quite* a lot. Well, it is my birthday, and I am alone! I bought myself a new cutter, there's nothing wrong with the two cutters I have already, but I'm going to an all day workshop tomorrow (http://2scrapladies.blogspot.com/2009/08/big-huge-enormous-announcement.html) and I really need a 12" cutter, my existing one doesn't fit into my tote as the handle is too long. Well, if I needed an excuse to buy a new cutter, that's all I could come up with. I also bought two border punches and some snowflake nestabilities (I think they're shapeabilities in fact) which I'm just about to try out.
So, I think that's all my ramblings for today. Hopefully I'll have enough energy when I get home tomorrow to tell you about the workshop. Until then, take care.

6 comments:

debs14 said...

oooh I wonder what the big present was! Do tell as soon as you know!
Lovely cards, although it makes me feel guilty that I seem to be the only one who hasn't started on things like that yet.

Sian said...

Happy Birthday To You!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday and I hope you enjoy the big prezzie!

RachelB said...

Hope your workshop goes ok and you get to use your new toys! Thank you for your comments on my blog, I'm rather excited about this new class of Shimelle's too. I've been learning snipets about blogs already! Happy Birthday.

Julia Dunnit said...

Glad we could be an excuse for a little splurge......!
AND OMGeeeee is it a CAR??????????
HB dear friend.

SarahLP said...

Happy birthday for yesterday! Sounds like you bought some lovely goodies from the craft shop.. have lots of fun creating with them!

Thanks for you lovely comment on my blog, and 'see' you in SHimelle's class next week!

SarahLP