Friday, 3 July 2009

"what is your leap off point? Is it an image, a photo or the paper?"

Hmm, my good friend Julia asked this question here http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

It's definitely the photo that sets me off on my scrapbooking. My photos have to be the main point of interest, I don't like layouts where I have to "look" for the photo. What's the point of that? Don't get me wrong, I love embellishments of all kinds. I have loads and loads and loads of buttons, ribbons, buckles, brads, etc, but they stay neatly in their storage boxes. I may be a boring scrapper, but I'm the one looking at my pages, so I may as well do what I like.

This is layout I did recently. When you have a daughter a beautiful as this, why hide her in a mountain of "stuff"?


Thank you Julia for asking the question, but I suppose you already knew what my answer would be.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that Lilly she is so beautiful. Yeah, I could've named your leap off point, but hey, we've been scrapping together for an eon now!!