Sunday, 14 December 2008

Days 6, 7 and 8

As you can see I'm way behind on this! I'm going to put these three days here then go and do some more entries.

Day 6 - Good and bad Christmas's
Mostly Christmas is really nice. A quiet time - just John, me and the girls.
Mum used to spend Christmas with us. One year she had a chest infection and spent most of Christmas in bed. We had to see the doctor twice while she was ill.
That Christmas Clare got her own computer, John spent a lot of the time on the computer too and the cat was ill!!
Lilly kept me sane that Christmas and I have to say it was one of the worst. One day I was sitting on the sofa looking out at the garden, it was a lovely bright day and my neighbours Silver Birch tree looked so pretty in the sunshine. I will try and take a picture of it when we have a sunny day so I can add it here.
Day 7 - Christmas Dinner
This weekend I hosted the family Christmas present swap. It was a last minute thing so I didn't have to worry too much about getting it right!
Today I cooked Christmas dinner. It's the only time I could do it really. With Clare away and Lilly a vegetarian there would be little point in cooking roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding to follow for just John and me.
As we had visitors and opportunity was presented. John, Lilly, Martin, Pat, Tim, Cressetta, And and Helen were my guests. We had a lovely time.

Day 8 - A Discovery

I've made a discovery while writing this journal. I've made two really.

First I have dicovered that I don't really like the build up to Christmas. I used to enjoy it but now I find it all too much hassle.

Before I went back to work I would make my Christmas cake and pudding in Septmeber when the girls went back to school. Now I don't usually have time. My cards used to be ready to post early in December, they're not even written yet and it's already well into Decembrer.

There's not the excitment about Christmas anymore. Maybe I'm just a grump old woman!

My second discovery is how much I'm enjoying journalling my life. Thank you Shimelle.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Really pretty pages! I like how you have the flowers coming off the page. Great job at getting a lot of them done!