Sunday, 8 June 2008

Sunny Sunday

I can't belive I haven't blogged since Tuesday. I had intended to blog every day and create something every day to show you all. Not doing very well am I?

Well I have created something today. It's been a lovely day here so I spent it in the garden (oh no, not the garden I hear you cry). I spent last summer in LA - it was hard, but it had to be done, so I didn't do much in the garden and it had got a bit out of control. Well, I'm getting it knocked into shape a bit now.
John helped me in this part of the garden as there was a huge bush just behind the Iris (the tall thin leaves in the centre) and it was spreading all over the place. I'd tried to get it out but I couldn't move it so John got it out for me. You may be able to pick out some small yellow flowers there now. I've no idea what they are, I picked them up in the garden centre and when I got home I realised that none of my pots had labels! I'm sure they'll be better than the trifid bush.

I particularly like this area. I weeded it all out and tidied up the lawn edge (the chickens had scratched it all and you couldn't tell where the bed ended and the lawn began. There are some delphiniums in there and I'm hoping the slugs will leave them alone. I'm hoping that on the 25th June all the new plants will be looking good for Shimelle's Scrap Your Day photos.

9 comments:

Yorkshire Tea Jenny said...

Well done on tackling the garden! Did the same yesterday!

rachel said...

great job funny, i did mine yesterday too

dddeeebbbzzz said...

I don't think my garden will ever be as lovely as yours! I'm taking the lazy way out and going for the gravel look!

Julia Dunnit said...

good gardening. Even I had to do some this weekend!

Debsg said...

Your garden looks much loved. I love gardens to be nice, but I hate gardening!

voodoo vixen said...

Gardening is such a satisfying thing to so, I have spent the last few days in mine - the good weather won't last and the scrapping will wait!! :)

Kerry said...

Looks like you did a great job of it.

Tinkerbelle said...

Nothing wrong with a garden.. spent some time in mine too... Good for you xxx boy they are such hard work xxxx

Linda Elbourne said...

You have done a fabulous job - well done you XXX