Monday, 30 June 2008

My Collection

So, I was just about to print of a picture to put in a CJ entry and I realised the printer was out of ink. Of course I always keep spare cartridges, unfortunately the two I have are black. I was sure I had a black and a coloured one!

Anyway, I can't do the entry tonight, so I thought I'd tell you about my collection of slippers instead. Riveting I know, but I do love my slippers. I hate cold feet and I'm not that bothered about shoes, but slippers, ahhhhhhh. I have to have socks on always (unless I'm in LA and the temperature in 40 degrees), and you will never find me walking anywhere barefoot. The other day I had sock on with my crocs, I don't think they're designed to be worn with sock because I kept building up static and giving shocks to all my guests!

The grey slippers at the top right of the picture, I've had since Noah was a lad. They really need throwing out, as do the pink ones at the bottom left, but I can't do it. I've recently thrown two pairs out so it will be a while before I can part with any of the others.

My friend bought me a pair of microwavable slippers for Christmas once, they had a slab of something very heavy in the sole which you took out and popped in the microwave. They were lovely and warm in the winter, but they were very difficult to walk in. The momentum shot them forward when you were walking and they kept flying off! After almost killing myself on the stairs in them I thought they'd better go to the charity shop. I hope some unsuspecting old lady doesn't buy them and break her leg - maybe I should have put them in the bin - hey ho! To late now.

As I write I'm wearing the flowery slippers that I'm wearing in the photo. I wonder if any of you will have the same obsession about your slippers? I wonder if any of you will have read this far!

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I read to the end..other people's 'things' are a huge fascination! It's a bit like baring your soul!! Love your collection and am so not going to talk about my ridiculous number of cheap plastic watches!!!

kelly said...

haha u have far to many pairs of slippers!!! my mum has a huge collection too me i hardly ever wear them x

Ruthy said...

Ohhhhhhh I just love my slippers too and yes I wear socks with my crock (:

elliemook said...

I love my slippers. I don't have as many as you but I do have a massive fluffy pink pair, a pair with sheep that go baa when you press them and another pair with dalmations on! I've been admiring the crocs with the fluffy lining in my local garden centre, they do look cosy. Personally I'm more into socks, I have so many and am always buying more when I see ones with cute pictures or pretty colours lol x

Linda Elbourne said...

Oh yes .... I read that far - but you are on your own with your sliper fettish - I own one pair at a time and don't get another pair until that pair are well and truly "worn" :0)

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Ooohhh, I have microwave slippers! I love them, but you are right about being difficult to walk in! I have to admit that most of the time I wander round in bare feet! Socks in crocs aren't for me! My feet get too hot!

Enfys said...

LOL! This made me laugh. Never heard of microwaveable slippers before. I prefer wearing woolly socks in the winter to keep my feet warm.

Fiona said...

Only have one pair of slippers - just don't ask how many handbags I have!!