Monday, 23 June 2008

Manic weekend

What a week it's been. As I've told you my daughter has been in the youth theatre's production of Oliver. They did seven performances, Monday to Saturday evenings with a matinee on Saturday.
Here's a picture of darling daughter as one of the workhouse staff.
And here she is as one of Nancy's friends.
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of her as her main character as Miss Sowerberry the undertaker (there were more girls than boys so they had the Misses Sowerberry instead of Mr and Mrs, it worked very well). The play was really good, I suppose I would say that as Clare's mum, but the audience enjoyed it too. I went to see the play three times and enjoyed it more each time I saw it.
OK, proud mum steps down.

We've had a mad weekend with six guests arriving on Friday evening (four of them sleeping here) another five arrived on Saturday (all slept here!) and a further six arrived on Sunday. We did a BBQ on Sunday for 21, at least John did the cooking! I'm pleased to say that the weather stayed nice, I didn't think it was going to be so sunny. We were able to be outside all day yesterday, so that saved the house. I've been washing sheets all day (between work). Some of our guests went to see Oliver, but the ones arriving Sunday just came for the BBQ. It is my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law's birthdays today so we were celebrating.

Here's a picture of my girls and me enjoying ourselves.

And here's John and I being the "perfect" hosts - not drunk enough in my opinion!

So, I don't think there's anymore to tell you today.

See you all soon.

4 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Looks like perfect way to spend the weekend!
Glad the play went well. Well done Clare!

Linda Elbourne said...

Great to see another update on the play - glad it went well and What a fab way to spend such a lovely weekend - now put you feet up hun and relax!

Jazzy1972 said...

Great Pictures, you must be so proud. Jay xx

Wee Hels said...

Your DD is gorgeous - hope the couple had a fabby time at the prom.