Sunday, 1 June 2008

Good evening everyone.

Here's a card I made this evening, it's for a lady I work with. I hope she likes it.

I've had a busy old weekend. I went to a lovely workshop yesterday, where the lovely Julia showed us how to make a banner. Mine's going on the door of my workshop. I haven't got it up yet, but I will try to photograph it when I do then I can let you see it.

We've been to London today to my nieces birthday picnic. It was a lovely day, thank goodness the rain held off. There were 26 of us, we set up tables and chairs, picnic rugs and games, we almost took over the local park. It was very civilized, no jelly to be seen thank goodness. I hate jelly! We had Pimms and Gin and Tonic and lots of lovely food. Not your usual three year old's party.

My sister-in-law made the birthday cake. She has recently taken up cake making, and she's brilliant at it. She's looking to give up work soon and concentrate on building up a business. She does take orders if you live in the Warwick area (haha!).

Back to work tomorrow after a week off. I like being off work, I can craft to my hearts content. Lovely. It's a training day tomorrow, so not too bad I suppose. It's a long term this term though, so we'll all be on our knees by the end of July.

My car is broken again. Last week the power steering went and now the alternator is broken. I don't even know what that is, but I know the battery won't charge. It cost us over £700 last week and now it's got to go back to the garage. I have a very nice friend who is going to give me a lift in to work tomorrow, but then I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to sign off my computer and take DH's laptop to bed. I'm going to have a good blog hop, I haven't had time to do much over the last few days, so I will do it now.

See you all in blogland. Goodnight.

5 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love the card!
I know what you mean about holidays and crafting! Only about 7 weeks to go and then it's mega crafting time! Woohoo!!

Debsg said...

What a fab cake.

daydreamer said...

lovely cake, hope she succeeds in setting up on her own, sorry to hear about your car, they can end up codting a fortune can't they, hope you get it fixed soon, :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely cake, lovely card, LOVE the blog!

jay670120 said...

love the card , the cake is amazing and sorry to hear your car isnt well x