Sunday, 29 June 2008

Another milestone.

Oh my goodness, this is a week for milestones.

First my eldest daughter left school. I can't believe that all those years have passed so quickly. I only seems five minutes since we were looking for a school for her when she was four. We thought you just went off to your local primary school, put her name down and that was it. We got a bit of a shock when we were told they were full and she couldn't have a place. Then started the visits to all the other schools in the area, thankfully we got her into a very nice one. As my husband was in the army at the time, we were soon doing the same thing in a different location. This happened three times during her time at primary school, but we were lucky in that all the schools she went to were very good ones.

Next, as you may have seen in my previous post, it was her Leavers Ball. My eldest doesn't "do" dressing up and make up that often, so we (especially her dad) got a big surprise to see her looking so grown up.
Just an update on the ball, they had a lovely time and took quite a few photos so I will be scrapping those over the next few weeks.

The latest milestone is that she's going on holiday tomorrow (with her boyfriend!!!!!). I've not been apart from either of my girls for more than five days in their lives, and that was when they went on school trips. I'll be a wreck by the time she gets back in ten days time.

I don't think I'm very good at being the mother of teenagers. I'm finding it really difficult to let go. I'm going to have to though, Clare goes off to uni in September.

3 comments:

lindschick said...

What a scary thought!!! I'm scared at the thought of my eldest going to secondary school in a year!!!

She looks so gorgeous in the prom photos.

Linda Elbourne said...

My two have flown the nest - so I feel for you - it is such a hard time for Mum! I managed to console myself with more room and more peace and quiet for crafting - hold onto that thought .... It will help you through XXX
They always need their Mum on a regular basis so don't ever worry about being left behind XXX

mmwwaahh211 said...

hia, thank you so much for your comment on my blog...I popped over here to see what you are up to...chickens, that is so cool. I would love to have a couple of chooks but not too practical in my south london house!