Sunday, 25 May 2008

Soggy Sunday

Here are some of the cards I've made today, the picture if not very good I'm afraid. I decided to have a go (again) at the resist technique, it's ages since I've done that. I was quite pleased with the results.






I've also printed out and painted these images to make some cards with. They may not get finished tonight as I'm tired, but I'll show you them tomorrow if not.







Well, it's the 25th so, like lots of you, I've been snapping away all day for Shimelle's Scrap Your Day challenge. I've taken about 50 photos, so I should have enough to make a nice LO. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of my dinner plate, so instead of a nice plate of roast dinner, my photo is of the scraps that were left!

My daughter took the car out for the weekend and rang this morning to ask if we could go and pick her up. When I'd removed my heart from my throat - she told me the power steering had gone and she was having trouble driving. Bless her, not only is she a very new driver (she passed her test about a month ago), she's also waiting for an operation on her shoulder as it keeps popping out of the joint. Thank goodness she was OK.

I've been trying to add some of your blogs onto here so I don't loose them, but I'm doing something wrong. To start with I couldn't get anything to show up, then someone suggested I use blog roll and now I've managed to add a couple from there but when I try to open them I get a blank page. It's obviously far too technical for a numpty like me.

I'd like to thank everyone who has left me messages, I've only had the blog for a few days and it's very encouraging to know someone is reading it.

I'm just listening to Perfect Day by Lou Reed, I love this song.

Well, I'd better go and finish off my cards. See you later.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad your DD is OK, always a worry when they are out driving.
I hope she gets her operation soon, I can really sympathise with her at the moment!
Your blog is looking good, when I first started mine it took me ages to get things working like I thought they should :-)

Jay said...

Awe, thanks Shirley. That's really encouraging.

voodoo vixen said...

Your blog is great - mine sat looking ridiculous for ages before I forced myself to give it another go and I am still on a sharp learning curve, so I know exactly how you feel!!

mandijane said...

Dreading the day my DD asks to 'borrow the car'
Luckily it's a few years off yet!
Keep up the great work on the blog :)

kelly said...

gosh u have been busy lovely cards. your blog is looking really fab xx

Enfys said...

Glad your Dd is ok. Mys son is only 10 so I have a few years before I have to worry about cars!