Monday, 26 May 2008

Mars on Monday

Here are the cards I made using the images I showed you yesterday, I'm very pleased with them.








This is the stamp I used. As you see it's a Christmas stamp but I think it's too nice just to use just at Christmas.

On the cards, I cut off the Christmassy bits - the hat, holly and the dogs hat (except in the pink card, I forgot!) and used my nice paints to colour them in. Where the hat was, I stuck on jewels, I think it looks as though the girl is sprinkling them on the dog.


What do you think?






When I got up this morning I found out that the Phoenix space craft had landed on Mars, I was so excited I just had to do this LO.

Let me tell you about my relationship with space! It all started in July 1969 when I watched the Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. It was such an exciting thing to watch, we stayed up all night to watch it on the television.

Ever since then, I've had a facination for space travel. It's a sort of love/hate relationship really. Part of my thinks that all those millions could be better spent sorting out the problems we have here, but then again - it's all so exciting!

Three years ago, on a visit to Florida, we spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre. That was such a fantastic day, if you get the chance, do go. A couple of days after our visit the Mars Reconnaisance orbiter was lauched. I spent ages looking up in the sky to see it. After a couple of days when it couldn't be launched due to bad weather, I did see it sore into the sky. It's giving me goose bumps just thinking about it now. Then nine months later, the news reported that it had made it. Fantastic.

Now you all think I'm totally mad, don't you?

Well, enough of this babbling, I'd better go and make a start on my LO for the Scrap Your Day challenge. See you later.

8 comments:

rachel said...

wow great how you have adapted these stamps great job!

Claire aka Feline said...

Its a great stamp and what a brillant idea they look so different in nice pastel shades, brilliant xxx

dollysdreamings said...

Just popped over to say hello and I too stayed uo and watched in 1969

Pam said...

Scrap your day- I must get on with that too-love your cards!

Enfys said...

Love the way you have used those stapms. I was only 6 in 1969 so don'r really remember much but I am sure that my parents would not have let me stay up!!!!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

I saw the 1969 moon landing too! I don't remember much about it though except that it was rather mind blowing. Love the way you've adapted the Christmas image.

Inspiration Alley said...

I remember the 1969 moon landing as well and it made a big impression on me. I've been lucky enough to go to the Space Centre in Florida several times and it's a truly amazing experience.

Agree about the stamp, works brilliantly any time of year.

Debsg said...

I have that stamp too and agree it's too nice just for Christmas. I feel a stamp-altering session coming up! I too have a love of space. I remember years ago standing in the dark watching Skylab dash across the sky. Deb x