Friday, 23 May 2008

Fantastic Friday

This beautiful tree is outside my house
Blossom on the tree
And more blossom



There are lots of these trees outside my house, I think they're Horse Chestnuts. I was passing yesterday when I noticed how pretty the blossom looked. I had to take a photo before the blossom dies and it's too late. I only had my mobile phone with me, but I'm really pleased with how well the photos have come out. I will do a LO using the photos tomorrow. Someone told me that there's a disease which is attacking Horse Chestnuts, it would be a shame if these gorgeous trees died.



At last Friday has arrived, it's bad wishing your life away isn't it? But I seem to live from one holiday to the next. I love my job, but I love being at home more. So where do you think I will be spending most of next week? Yes, at my desk. Actually, if the weather is OK I'd like to do some gardening. I love gardening, but I've got arthritis in my hands and I find it too painful to do much gardening these days. Maybe if I do an hour each morning I would be able to knock the garden into shape.



When we moved here my garden was a wasteland really and I worked really hard on it to make it like it is now. I had a builder to build the terrace and the patio, and family came and helped clear the rubbish out, but I did all the actual gardening. I laid all the turf too!! Very hard work, but worth it.



Here's a before shot:



And here's what it's like now:


My daughter has two friends staying tonight so I'd better go and get the living room organised for them to crash out.
See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Cleo Crafts said...

oh wow that is fabulous!! can you come work on our garden - not as much space as you though!!

Enfys said...

What a great garden! It is only since moving here that I have got into gardening. I don't have loads of space so I stick to pots. However, they seem to be growing each year!

kelly said...

want to come do my garden ? its a mess lol

Debsg said...

Wow. What a transformation. If you fancy another project..I have one out back! Deb x

Inspiration Alley said...

Gorgeous photos. Unfortunately, there is a disease attacking Horse Chestnuts. In the village where I live they are fairly prolific and we've just had to make provision for the treatment or felling of some 15 trees. Good News is that if they have to be felled, Sweet Chestnuts look every bit as good and are resistant to the disease.

Angie said...

Wow ... I take my hat off to you, your garden is beautiful. You must be so proud of all your hard work

Katy said...

wow what a stunning garden you have really lovely and well done you all that hard work :D

Clair & Sharni said...

Beautiful garden! - you're very lucky xxx