Friday, 30 May 2008

Busy Friday

Today's been busy, running around after teenagers, shopping, gardening. But I wanted to show you what I created yesterday.
First, my May pages for the "Scrap Your Day" challenge.

I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, although I could have done with more photos. When I started this challenge I couldn't decide if I should do my journal just about the garden, to see how it changes through the seasons. I went for the other option of scrapping my day in the end.
Since I did the first pages in April, I've thought long and hard and decided to make another album for the garden! So yesterday I made this:
The front cover.

My April Page.
My May Page.
I like the way the lilac blossom looks on the May page. As I didn't have lots of photos (remember when I took the photos I wasn't doing the garden journal), so I printed the lilac picture quite large and used it to make the small squares. Not quite as per Shimelle's prompt, but near enough.

I've been out in the front garden this afternoon doing a bit of clearing. A tree had seeded itself outside my craft room window and was annoying me every time I looked out. It's gone now, so I'm happy. I'm hoping on 25th June I will be able to take some nice photos of the front as well as the back garden.

John put up a fence for me last weekend to keep "the girls" contained in the orchard. Hmmm, it's not working. I'm not sure how they're getting out, but getting out they are! The Brahma's are supposed to be contained by an 18 inch fence as they're so large and I've clipped Edith's wings, but somehow they're escaping. I may have to set up CCTV to see how they're doing it.

OK, I think that's all for today, I'd better go and cook supper, John will be home soon. Take care until we "meet" again.

6 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Watch 'Chicken Run' - there might be some clues to escaping girls there! Your garden looks lovely - it puts my jungle to shame - 5000 chickens could hide in mine and not be seen!!

Lynne aka retired nana said...

Love your Scrap a day album and your new garden one too!

Chicken Licken said...

Loveley pages! Nice to see another person who is besotted by her "girls"! I have 5 "girls" who don't often escape but when I let them out they eat EVERYTHING including my rhubarb!!

Linda Elbourne said...

Lovely work - really beautiful X

Yorkshire Tea Jenny said...

I have been inspired to do a separate book about the garden as well!

Enfys said...

Love the idea about a book for the garden. I wonder if I have enough pics of mine to do it?