First, my May pages for the "Scrap Your Day" challenge.
I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, although I could have done with more photos. When I started this challenge I couldn't decide if I should do my journal just about the garden, to see how it changes through the seasons. I went for the other option of scrapping my day in the end.
Since I did the first pages in April, I've thought long and hard and decided to make another album for the garden! So yesterday I made this:
The front cover.
My April Page.
My May Page.
I like the way the lilac blossom looks on the May page. As I didn't have lots of photos (remember when I took the photos I wasn't doing the garden journal), so I printed the lilac picture quite large and used it to make the small squares. Not quite as per Shimelle's prompt, but near enough.
I've been out in the front garden this afternoon doing a bit of clearing. A tree had seeded itself outside my craft room window and was annoying me every time I looked out. It's gone now, so I'm happy. I'm hoping on 25th June I will be able to take some nice photos of the front as well as the back garden.
John put up a fence for me last weekend to keep "the girls" contained in the orchard. Hmmm, it's not working. I'm not sure how they're getting out, but getting out they are! The Brahma's are supposed to be contained by an 18 inch fence as they're so large and I've clipped Edith's wings, but somehow they're escaping. I may have to set up CCTV to see how they're doing it.
OK, I think that's all for today, I'd better go and cook supper, John will be home soon. Take care until we "meet" again.